In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Lincoln, Maine

A Town of Hearty, Resilient Souls

South Lincoln schoolhouse, Lincoln, ca. 1930

Contributed by Lincoln Historical Society
MMN Item 33715 Item Details
South Lincoln schoolhouse, Lincoln, ca. 1930
MMN Item 33715 Zoom


The first school house in South Lincoln was built sometime before 1838. About 1878 a new school house was built about five hundred feet below the site of the first one. In 1896 it was decided to move this building into a more central location and it was moved to a lot across the road from the cemetery.
The new South Lincoln schoolhouse was built in 1923 and closed in 1955. It is now owned by the Community Progress Club and used as a community building.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.